Wednesday, June 1, 2016

And now for a break...

By this point BoB had been in the family for a couple months, but he'd already been on a couple road trips. That was the whole reason for the purchase, no need to wait until the build was 'done' to start using it.

I think the first weekend road trip for a dog agility weekend over the hills in Auburn, WA. Don't have any pictures, but I think it only had one wall of insulation done, and no flooring yet. Strap in the toilet, put a cot in the front corner, and pile everything else in the back. It worked, and it was a peek into the future. And it was good.


The next time out I would be taking BoB to the Oregon coast for the weekend of the Recumbent Retreat. By now the wood floor was in and I think most of the Thinsulate insulation completed. So still a rather spartan 'layout', but again, it was great to see the potential. 

Again with a cot in the front corner, a 12v cooler, and a bike tied down in the back. Add in a heater and extension cord, since I would be at a campground with power.




Checking in. The Mercedes RV is still relatively 'small', but looks rather large compared to BoB.



Not my tent, I was in the van. Just sharing a campsite. Ft Stevens is a great place. And since August on the Oregon coast usually means sun, fog, and rain, all in the same day...  it was nice to have things dry and accessible in BoB.


Yeah, I can deal with a view like this, even in a 'crowded' campground.


I can also deal with this. The display usually reads 0.5-1.0 mpg low, so it was 24+mpg for the trip.



More adventures to come, but now back to the build...

No comments:

Post a Comment